A real damn fine burger

It's been a long time since I've written, I know... and wouldn't you know this one is a about a meal I cooked on Sunday, but sadly no, it's not in a dutch oven... I've been running a lot lately, and when I say a lot I mean like more than some people commute to work in a week. I have a propensity to get rather psycho about things that I get into, and lately, for me, it's been something I NEVER considered doing, distance running. So in all this running, you find, a few things.




One, you get REALLY really hungry, like every two hours.
Two, you burn a lot of calories.
Three, everything hurts, things you didn't even know you had.
Four, you will crave things you never thought you'd crave.


After an eight mile run this weekend to prep for my half marathon coming up this weekend. I strongly desired a burger post run. Let's get this clear, I am NOT a burger person. I never crave them, in fact ever since I watched Fast Food Nation, I am shocked I'm even willing to stand in the presence of beef. But well, if there is one thing you don't want to mess with, it's a craving when you're starving, cause if you're me, absolutely nothing is going to do other that what I am craving.

I have a friend that started eating meat again a few years ago, after being a vegetarian nearly all her life.. and she's been a great resource for new recipes!... she's done a lot of creative research to make the most out of our available local farmers market meat. This recipe for our Damn fine burgers.. was inspired in part by her, and in part by my love for roasted garlic and all things spicy.


Damn Fine Burgers:

1-2lbs of ground meat (beef, or turkey)
a bulb of roasted garlic chopped ( you should really use fresh stuff)
1/4 cup of feta cheese
several large leaves fresh Italian Basil chopped
2-3 teaspoons fresh oregano chopped
pepper to taste

Add all the ingredients to the ground meat and mix well with your hands, press into patties and grill medium well... You can cook to your liking but the cheese and garlic in the burger will melt into your mouth awesomeness.

Toppings:
grilled/roasted poblano peppers (these ones of medium heat)
and sweet onions grilled till crystallized
Grill the peppers fresh till the skin is burnt and then blanch in cold water and remove skin, seed and tear into strips.

Spread:
2 Tablespoons of 2% Greek yogurt
1 tablespoon Feta or Creamy Italian Dressing
2 teaspoons of Spicy chili paste or Siracha
salt and pepper
dash of paprika
Mix all ingredients for a not to be missed spicy white spread for the burger, so yummy.

ENJOY! You'll never want to go out for burgers again, when you can make these at home!

0 comments:

 
Eat the Cake Too. Design by Wpthemedesigner. Converted To Blogger Template By Anshul Tested by Blogger Templates.